keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

G400P outbound calls problems

12 years 5 months ago #7527 by juanespty
Setup:
Hardware: HP DX2200 PC + G400P (1 Module installed) + A400P (2xFXO/2xFXS)
Software: CentOS release 5.5 (Final) + Elastix 2.0.3 + chan-extra 1.1.2 + dahdi 2.3.0 + asterisk 1.6.2.13

A400P and G400P are recognized ok.

Inbound/outbound calls are working ok with the A400P (PSTN).

Inbound calls are working ok with the G400P. I can also send SMS from the asterisk console.

The problem is when trying to dial out through the G400P.

I created a custom trunk with Custom Dial string: extra/g0/$OUTNUM$

Then, I created an outbound route for this trunk with 9|6XXXXXXX as the dial pattern.

I added these lines in the extensions.conf under extensions.conf:

[from-gsm]
exten => s, 1, Answer()
exten => s, n, Goto(ext-group,600,1)
exten => s, n, Hangup

[from-internal]
include => from-internal-xfer
include => bad-number

exten => 105,1,Dial(extra/1/123) ; I put here my personal cellphone # instead of 123
exten => 105,2,Hangup

Under the asterisk console, the GSM is recognized ok:

# asterisk -R

CLI> gsm show spans
GSM span 1: Provisioned, Up, Active

CLI> gsm show span 1
D-channel: 2
Type: CPE
Manufacturer: SIMCOM_Ltd
Model Name: SIMCOM_SIM900D
Revision: 1137B06SIM900D64_ST
Network Name: Shows my mobile network provider
Network Status: Registered (Home network)
Net Coverage (0,31): 23
Card IMEI: The IMEI #
SIM IMSI: The IMSI #

At this point if I call the GSM in the G400P from my personal mobile phone, the ext-group 600 rings and the call connects fine.

However, if from my sip client, I try to dial extension 105 (or a phone with pattern 9|6XXXXXXX), it just sits there for about 30 seconds. Then it rings in the sip client. However, my personal mobile phone doesn't ring. I then hang up the call from the sip client. If I try to make the same call again, I'll get the all circuits busy message. Also, if I try to call again from my mobile phone to the GSM in the G400P, I can hear the ring in my mobile phone, but the extension group doesn't ring any more. I have to reboot elastix to get to the same starting point.

I'm not sure what am I missing to be able to make outbound GSM calls through the G400P. Help!!

See attached file for the verbose log in the asterisk console for inbound/outbound calls.
Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #7529 by bert
Hi,
I recommend you to edit dialplan on web page,and if you have some additional applications , you can add them in the file /etc/asterisk/extensions_customer.conf .By the way,you should change "context=from-gsm" to "context=from-pstn"
in the file of extra-channels.conf and when you edit extensions you should use "[from-pstn]" instead of "[from-gsm]"
12 years 5 months ago #7530 by Joe.Yung
Hello,

I read your attachment and found that Asterisk seemed to try finding the correct outbound trunk, but before that there were many macros have been executed. I am not sure how is it going on if the outbound trunk set to be like this:
[from-internal]
exten =>_X.,1,Dial(extra/1/${EXTEN} //replace the 1 to your GSM channel number.
exten =>_X.,2,Hangup().
Meanwhile, remember to specify your custom GSM trunk to the first position in the outbound trunks loop.
What I mean is you have better try to set up an available dialplan before taking them to a more complicated dialplan.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds