keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about B100/200/400/800 ISDN BRI Cards

B200P/B400P hfcmulti_rx: CRC-error

13 years 6 months ago #6277 by nedim.zecic
Hi,

I have several issues with B200P and B400P card. I have currently 3 PBXs with these card, one with B200P and the other two with B400P. Trixbox 2.8.0.4 is installed on all PBXs. I will just shortly describe how I did setup with these cards using mISDN.
After installation and update I've created symbolic links with some misdn libraries:
ln -s /usr/lib/libisdnnet.so /usr/lib/libisdnnet.so.0
ln -s /usr/lib/libmISDN.so /usr/lib/libmISDN.so.0
ln -s /usr/lib/libsuppserv.so /usr/lib/libsuppserv.so.0
I've checked with ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_misdn.so that libraries are linked and this is OK.
After that I've edited /usr/sbin/mISDN script and replaced the line with:
elif ${LSPCI} -n -v -s "${line:5}" | ${GREP} "Subsystem" | ${GREP} "1397:b566\|1397:e884" > /dev/null, as suggested in manual.
After that I did standard procedure: mISDN scan, mISDN config, mISDN start...
Everything is working as it should, however...

1. problem is with one B400P (all ports configured in TE mode, 3 ports connected to NTs, one NT is different from other two, all NTs configured in PTMP mode, NTs are not in series on telco side, MSNs) and B200P (all ports configured in TE mode, all ports connected to NTs, all NTs configured in PTMP mode, NTs are not in series on telco side, MSNs). I have constant errors in dmesg:
hfcmulti_rx: CRC-error
This error has not caused any instability issues so far, but I would like to get rid of it, because I've never had this error on second PBX with B400P which is connected to only one NT.
This is my dmesg right after reboot:
1 devices registered
mISDN_dsp: Audio DSP Rev. 1.29 (debug=0x0) EchoCancellor MG2 dtmfthreshold(100)
mISDN_dsp: DSP clocks every 64 samples. This equals 8 jiffies.
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.10
Interesting thing is that these two CRC-errors are always there, everytime when mISDN is loaded.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. problem is with two PBXs with B400P, however this could be hardware related problem, because both PBXs are installed on Lenovo NetVista or something like that with riser extension for PCI. Kernel is booted with default settings, with apic and acpi. Problem with these PBXs is when I do frequent reboots. I noticed that after 6-8 reboots mISDN is loaded but 0 devices are registered. Then I've checked lspci and there was no B400P card in system. When this happens I need to halt system and turn it on again. It is very hard to reproduce this problem but does anyone knows what could cause the card to disappear from system (lspci)?

Thanks
13 years 6 months ago #6278 by lisa.gao
Hi,
1. For your problem one: Do you have any problem with the error?
2. For your problem two: Please change another PCI slot to have a try.

Best regards!

13 years 6 months ago #6279 by james.zhu
hello:
regarding the questions:
1) please give our ssh, we have to check the versions and recompile that(if necessary).
2) please check this: "with riser extension for PCI", it might be a problem caused with..

13 years 6 months ago #6280 by nedim.zecic
@lisa.gao
1. No. It works like a charm.
2. I did that. I will test it this week.

@james.zhu
1. Sorry, but at this moment my client is not willing to give access because this is production call center.
2. I assumed that. Now I've changed PCI slot and will see what happens. Is it possibile that PCI does not have enough power to feed the card?

Today I've replaced all cables and checked all connections between NTs and B400P. Additionaly I've replaced the one NT that was different and now all NTs are Sphairon NT1Q. And this is my dmesg with spharion NTs after reboot:

1 devices registered
mISDN_dsp: Audio DSP Rev. 1.29 (debug=0x0) EchoCancellor MG2 dtmfthreshold(100)
mISDN_dsp: DSP clocks every 64 samples. This equals 8 jiffies.
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.10
As you can see now I have 3 crc errors. So in my opinion these errors are related to NTs in my case. Do you think I should plug external power to NTs?

Thanks
13 years 6 months ago #6281 by lisa.gao
Hi,
Yes, NT mode need to be provided external power . You need to plug the external power supply.

Best regards!

13 years 6 months ago #6290 by nedim.zecic
Nope,

Connecting external power to NTs did not solve hfcmulti_rx: CRC-error. However it seems now that errors are reduced. Somehow this issue is related to NTs.
Next I will check cables for possible interference with incoming lines.
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds