keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

Hardware reference manual

11 years 11 months ago #8060 by Atom2
Hallo Forum,
I have recently purchased a G400E card with one GSM module. Unfortunatly I seem to be unable to find a hardware reference manual that details the card: What I am most interested in is whether there is a possibility to connect (external) LEDs to the board to provide call status and GSM network information. There seems to be a jumper block on the card, but I don't know what that's for. Clearly, there's an LED on board for every GSM module, but that's usually on the backside of a system and I'd like to provide that information through the front panel of my PC.

The same question arises for a A800E with one FXS and one FXO module - but I will post an equivalent question in the appropriate section of the forum.

Thanks and best regards,

Atom2
11 years 11 months ago #8062 by Joe.Yung
Hello,

What kind of GSM modules do you use? If you use GSM101, I think the attachment on page 61 would give you assistance.

All the GSM network status indications have been list there. Please have a reference.

Attachments:
11 years 11 months ago #8067 by Atom2
Hi Joe.Yung,
thanks for your reply and the link.

The card I am using is indeed a GSM101 (version 1.2). I did have a look at the document, but changing anything directly on the module is not feasable as this would require interfering with the module's pins of the connector to the mothercard - unless I missed something.

On the other hand however, there is a jumper block of 7 pins directly on the mothercard (the PCIe-card where the GSM101 module is mounted). That block is labled J4. Could you please explain to me what this jumper block is used for?

My hope is that I could simply connect an LED to a jumper and then get some status information.

Many thanks and best regards,

Atom2
11 years 11 months ago #8068 by Joe.Yung
Hi Atom2,

The jumper block is used for importing data to SCM(small core memory). This is nothing to do with LED.

As you can see, the board has 4 LEDs which near the antennas, They also have ability to indicate status information.

Our hardware engineer said, to implement your request, the board has to be amended. He said drawing circuit out from the board's LEDs, like LED1,LED2, etc. and connect them to your external LEDs would be a possible way.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds