keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about VS-GW2120/GW1600/GW1202 and WGW1002G GSM Series VoIP Gateway

VS-GGU-E2M0400 Update issue

9 years 2 weeks ago #10338 by bristol
Good day to all.

I have VS-GGU-E2M0400 GSM gateway with 4 4-port gsm cards installed. Current firmware release: 2.0.5.
When I tried update to a new version, one gsm card gone offline. When accessing to a web-interface of the gateway, it says, that only 3 additional cards available.
I tried to roll back to previous release (2.0.5) and upload saved configuration. After that in web interface I see all cards, but the one that i had problems with in the status page has all fields blank (see attachement)

Attachment openvox_card_issue.jpg not found

Before updating firmware, i have changed login/password to defaults

Is there a way to get this card alive? Can I assign IP address to this card manually through SSH?
Attachments:
9 years 2 weeks ago #10339 by bristol
Mach thanks to Linda Li from Support team.

After some research I have noticed, that boards #4 and #1 got the same IP address after resetting it - 176.16.99.1

That's what I had to do to solve my problem.
  1. Set username and password for web access to it's defaults: admin/admin
  2. Update GW to the latest firmware from web GUI - 1 board failed
  3. Reset system to factory defaults
  4. Unplug card #1 from the device.
  5. Reset card #4 by RST button on it's front panel. - After that it has got right default address - 172.16.99.4
  6. Plug card #1 back - it has got right ip too - 172.16.99.1
  7. Check that firmware is the same on all cards. On that move I have accessed all boards separately by it's ip - 172.16.99.2, 172.16.99.3 etc.
  8. And only after checking, resetting and rebooting all cards, I have configured cluster and made other settings. Now my device shows all the ports.

Much thanks again, Linda )
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds