keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about UC300/UC500 IP Phone System

UC300 would only boot with Debian 9.8

4 years 6 months ago #14578 by brodriguez
Hello.

I'm having a problem with a new Openvox UC300 - A02 after trying to flash Issabel img available on http://image.openvox.cn/

When i received the device, it worked and booted OK, after many tries flashing the different OSes available at http://image.openvox.cn/ , the only one that gets to boot is Debian 9.8.

The list of images i have tried is:
  • Debian-9.8-UC-20190907.img.xz (The only one that works for me)
  • Issabel4-ver20180102-uc-hwdetector-20180706
  • UC-Series-3.2.2-20190401-OPVX-AutoRecover
  • centos7.3-16g-uc-20170822

I would really appreciate if someone would guide me in the right direction to get the device to factory status at least.

Thanks in advance for your help.
4 years 6 months ago #14579 by chunlei.yi
hi,

firstly, pls confirm which system do you want to install? if you have the hdmi to vga cable, you can open the cover then connect monitor to check what's happen. you can contact me on skype, i will guide how to install it.

skype ID: chunlei.yi
The following user(s) said Thank You: brodriguez
4 years 6 months ago #14584 by brodriguez
Hello. Thank you for taking your time to answer.

I managed to solve the problem, i'll leave the solution here in case someone needs it.

-Remove 4 screws in the bottom of the device to access the hdmi port.

-When you got image on a monitor/tv, you will notice that when the device tries to boot with any centos based image it would print an error like: "/BOOT/grubx64.efi" not found.

-If you go to the boot menu and select "boot from a file" you can select the proper .efi file to boot, that is located on "/centos/grubx64.efi"

When you do this, you would boot OK for the first time. After booting, you would need to mount the EFI partition (first partition in your partition table) and copy the "grubx64.efi" file from /centos folder to /BOOT folder and the problem would be solved permanently.
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds