keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

G400E on existing AsteriskNOW with HFC-S

11 years 5 months ago #8421 by balage
Hi all!

I'm running AsteriskNOW on CentOS5 with: Asterisk 1.6.20, dahdi 2.6.1, mISDN 1.1.7.2.

The whole system is working on yum packages, nothing were installed form source codes. There is a Billion HFC-S card operating via mISDN; chan_misdn in asterisk. This is a working configuration for more than 2 years absolutely flawless.

Now I want to upgrade this system with a G400E card (with two modules), but I'm not able to get these two card simultaneously.

There are the facts:
- both cards are recognized by lspci
- by dmesg both cards are initialized
HFC-S:
mISDN Capi 2.0 driver file version 1.21HFC card eaf27000 dch eaf27060 bch1 eaf271e4 bch2 eaf27368
mISDN: HFC-PCI driver Rev. 1.49ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKC] enabled at IRQ 18ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:0a.0[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 58
mISDN: HFC-PCI card manufacturer: CCD/Billion/Asuscom card name: 2BD0
HFC-PCI: defined at mem 0xf8972c00 fifo 0xeb160000(0x2b160000) IRQ 58 HZ 1000reset_hfcpci: entered
G400E:
Found an OpenVox G400P: Version 1.1card 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 0 is Installedcard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 1 is Installedcard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 2 is Emptycard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 3 is Empty
opvxg4xx: card 0 Powering up all spans...

If I use chan_extra install package with applying all the three steps (driver, dahdi, asterisk), the G400E card is working. But when I install the mISDN package it will not work, because the chan_misdn module cannot be loaded. After module load chan_misdn I've got a message, that this module cannot be loaded, because it was not complied with the same time, like the other parts of asterisk (distributed in yum packages). The files in /usr/lib/modules/asterisk has different dates.

In other way I tried to run chan_extra install script on running Asterisk, but in this case I had to skip the 2nd and 3rd step (dahdi and asterisk installation) for not to violate the running asterisk configuration. After finishing the chan_extra installation my system looks like:
- no chan_extra.so file in /usr/lib/modules/asterisk
- [root@localhost ~]# service dahdi restart
Loading DAHDI hardware modules: opvxg4xx: [ OK ]
Running dahdi_cfg: [ OK ]
- dahdi_genconf generates /etc/asterisk/extra_channels.conf :
[root@localhost asterisk]# cat extra-channels.conf
; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat Nov 10 16:09:24 2012
; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
; your manual changes will be LOST.; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_extra.conf);
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_extra.conf. Rather, it is intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_extra.conf that will include the global settings;
; Span 1: opvxg4xx/0/1 "OpenVox G400P GSM/CDMA PCI Card 0" AMI/CCS
group=11
context=from-gsm
signalling = gsm
smscodec=utf-8
debugat=on
tty=off
;pin=1234
channel => 1
context = default
group = 63
; Span 2: opvxg4xx/0/2 "OpenVox G400P GSM/CDMA PCI Card 0" (MASTER) AMI/CCS
group=12
context=from-gsm
signalling = gsm
smscodec=utf-8
debugat=on
tty=off
;pin=1234
channel => 3
context = default
group = 63
- [root@localhost ~]# dahdi_cfg -vvvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.6.1DAHDI Version: 2.6.1Echo Canceller(s): HWEC, MG2Configuration======================
SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
SPAN 2: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
Channel map:Channel 01: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none)
(Slaves: 04)4 channels to configure.
Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2Setting echocan for channel 2 to none
Setting echocan for channel 3 to mg2Setting echocan for channel 4 to none
- dmesg:
Found an OpenVox G400P: Version 1.1card 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 0 is Installedcard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 1 is Installedcard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 2 is Emptycard 0 opvxg4xx:
slot 3 is Emptyopvxg4xx:
card 0 Powering up all spans...
/proc/gsm_module_power_key-0 is createddahdi_echocan_mg2: Registered echo canceler 'MG2'

So everything looks to be OK, just the chan_extra module is missing...

Where is the problem? How to get the extra channel module into asterisk modules directory without reinstalling the asterisk during the chan_extra installation script.

Thank you in advance!
11 years 5 months ago #8426 by Joe.Yung
Hello,
I think there is a better method to make these types of cards work at the same machine. That's replacing mISDN by dahdi(wcb4xxp) to drive the BRI cards instead.

On the dahdi packet, you will be able to download it from here , and place it to /usr/src.

Steps:
1. untar the dahdi packet in /usr/src/.
2. replace the directory /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/dahdi(original one) by /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux/driver/dahdi(download from openvox). Of course, you MUST
backup original one before executing this step.
3. untar chan_extra packet, and start executing ./install.sh script, select source code installing meothod here.
4. if you would like to install Asterisk as well, make sure that install the one which is the same as asteriskNow. If you don't need, simply skip it.

At the step 2, because the dahdi packet has integrated wcb4xxp(for BRI card), meanwhile, driving g400 by chan_extra. Therefore, you will be able to make them work together.

Please try this, and let me know if you need any help.

11 years 5 months ago #8427 by balage
Dear Joe,

thank you for the detailed guide.

I just wanna ask you one thing for sure, before I try to reinstall the thins: Is wcb4xxp compatible wit Billion HFC-S card? I thought, that this driver is just for the DIgium B410P card...

Thank you in advacne!

Best regards,
balage
11 years 5 months ago #8428 by Joe.Yung
Firstly, I have to say apology to you that I didn't see key word "Billion"。 Actually, I didn't use this kind card before. I am not sure about that. The wcb4xxp module applies to OpenVox and Digium BRI HFC-S cards.

But for your first post, I think you can try to select 'chan_misdn' module first by 'make menuselect' in asterisk before exectuting chan_extra installation script. Can you try it like this?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds