keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

How about combining Kannel with Asterisk

12 years 10 months ago #6994 by bluemonster
Hi,I find a SMS gateway named Kannel http://www.kannel.org/index.shtml
I wonder whether it can be used with G400P and Asterisk.

The documentation of Kannel doesn't mention Asterisk at all. Have you guys tried to combine Kannel with Asterisk? Does this combination work on G400P?

i] Last edited by bluemonster at 2011-6-17 17:33 [/i

A student from Huazhong University of Science and Technology
12 years 9 months ago #6997 by Joe.Yung
Hi,

Unfortunately, we never tried to compile Kannel with Asterisk at all. So we don't have idea if it works on G400P or not.

12 years 9 months ago #6998 by bluemonster

Original posted by Joe.Yung at 2011-6-20 10:01

Hi,Unfortunately, we never tried to compile Kannel with Asterisk at all. So we don't have idea if it works on G400P or not.

Okay,thank you all the same

12 years 8 months ago #7176 by krzysioD
Just use your card as 4 GSM modems, yea you loose then a voice capability, but i've done some nice coding (can't share it on GPL sorry) to allow for 'dual action', your G400P is seen in both asterisk and all of AT 'SMS'-related messages go in both directions to pseudo serial port (pty) so, you have both a asterisk voice channel, and GSM SMS gatway, i think that i've described the setup on forum some time ago.
12 years 8 months ago #7209 by bluemonster

Original posted by krzysioD at 2011-7-31 16:36

Just use your card as 4 GSM modems, yea you loose then a voice capability, but i've done some nice coding (can't share it on GPL sorry) to allow for 'dual action', your G400P is seen in both asterisk ...

Obviously,G400P can provide a voice channel .
I can also used it to send SMS by using the CLI command "gsm send sms" and "gsm send pdu".
Of course , this can not be called a "SMS gateway" because I don't use any AT commands.

So,can you give me some detail setups about how to build a SMS gateway on G400P? I don't find your earlier posts on the forum

12 years 8 months ago #7210 by miaolin
doyou want to control the module through AT command? we have a demo in chan-extra.org that show how to send/get at command directly from G400P, which also need dahdi, but need not asterisk.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds