keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about Failover Box FA Series/FD Serise

res_failover.so OS ABI invalid error on YUM'd Asterisk [not possible]

11 years 10 months ago #8136 by AlexB
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with the problems we are having getting res_failover.so module to load using the YUM'd version of Asterisk.

Asterisk version is 1.8.13.0
Failover tried 1.0.1 and 1.0.

Error we get when using the pre-compiled version is:

[Jun 11 16:14:21] WARNING[32505]: loader.c:398 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'res_failover.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_failover.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid
[Jun 11 16:14:21] WARNING[32505]: loader.c:850 load_resource: Module 'res_failover.so' could not be loaded.

However if we try compiling the module manually as per the README and Wiki suggestions we get an error saying the module was not compiled with the same compile time flags as Asterisk so will not be loaded.
I have Googled regarding both scenarios and nothing has worked so far but I know nothing about C-compiling. For example the ELF file header of the res_failover.so seems to match the modules bundled like res_monitor.so.

Thanks

Alex

i] Last edited by AlexB at 2012-6-14 13:14 [/i
11 years 10 months ago #8137 by hua
Hello

Please Let me acess to check,you can send E-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and add my MSN This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Best regards
upper.hua
11 years 10 months ago #8143 by AlexB
FYI for anyone else that has this issue and finds this thread according to OpenVox it is not possible.

OpenVox do not support the YUM'd version of Asterisk, even though its supplied by Asterisk / Digium themselves.
I know nothing about compiling C applications but this seems very odd to me, although could be true.

Thanks to Upper for investigating the issue for me and discussing over MSN.

Kind Regards

Alex
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds