keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about B100/200/400/800 ISDN BRI Cards

DAHDI suppor for all B OpenVox cards & A1200P/1800P

14 years 6 months ago #3790 by robert09
Thanks for uploading and informing us about it. Will now download the file.

Regards,
Robert
Pret travaux
14 years 5 months ago #4150 by MerlinsMate
Newbie help required :'(

We have a trixbox installation (2.6.2.3) using an OpenVox B200P BRI card connected to 4 ISDN Channels, in the UK. The system works really well (40+ extensions) and is really stable, with one minor problem - ECHO !!!

I've been trying to install the oslec echo canceller under DAHDI with no success. Basically we have the oslec and dahdi packages installed (versions 0.1-23.1345 and 2.2.0-4_trixbox respectively) and I've edited the /etc/dahdi/system.conf to configure the echo canceller, but when I run dahdi_cfg -vvv, I get...

DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.0

DAHDI Version: 2.2.0-rc4
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

0 channels to configure.

As far as I'm aware we installed this card using the mISDN drivers (I didn't install the system), and from reading here it would appear that we need to use the DAHDI drivers for the card instead of the mISDN ones, which is why I'm seeing "0 channels to configure" -- am I even close here ?

This is a prod system, so I'm obviously a little concerned about going in and trying various config changes for fear of taking down our whole phone network. If anyone can point me in the right direction to understand how the card drivers work with Asterisk, the difference between using mISDN drivers and DAHDI ones and more importantly how to get echo cancellation installed and running, I'd be eternally grateful.

14 years 5 months ago #4153 by james.zhu
hello:
if you use the dahdi with wcb4xp for BRI, you have to read the thread and confi that. however, if you mISDN, you have to install mISDN+asterisk, there is no need with dahdi. to make sure the soft echo work, you have to enable that in mISDN.conf and chan_dahdi.conf.
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 5 months ago #4164 by MerlinsMate
James - thanks for your prompt reponse.

I've updated misdn.conf to enable echo cancellation and checked the settings in chan_dahdi.conf - both now have echocancel=yes, but how do I specify the echo canceller to use ? In /etc/dahdi/system.conf you specify something similar to 'echocanceller=oslec,1-4' to use the oslec algorithm, is it possible to do this in the misdn.conf, or am I missing the point somewhere ?

Also is there some way to check to ensure the echo canceller is running against all 4 of our ISDN channels ?
14 years 5 months ago #4171 by james.zhu
hi:
you can refer this link for mISDN:
http://peter.schlaile.de/mISDN/
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 2 months ago #4653 by luis_silva

B100P in hardhdlc mode as wcbxxp driver
B200P / B400P / B800P
A800P/1200P
Oslec
and lots of minor fixes using 1.4.24 stable release

next week I'll give a try to B100P leds

If you have any suggestion or question please make me know

tips
If you have Dchannel up / down events and it gets locked add resetinterval=never to chan_dahdi.conf in channels section
if you dont want to see Dchan span messages add bri_l1_check=0 ( spelled as bri L one) too

When I finish with all stuff I hope I can give a little help to make itgo into Elastix and translate a good install manual for CentOs &Fedora (I'm using Fedora 10 x64 and all compiles & works fine onkernel 2.6.27)

Regards

Hi Jose,
I have a B200P that is having troubles like you say on your tips, its giving Dchannel up/down and is blocking the outgoing calls. I add resetinterval=never in chan_dahdi.conf, restarted asterisk, but after a while the channels block again...
My chan_dahdi.conf
context=from-pstn
group = 1
; S/T port 1
channel => 1-2
resetinterval=never

group = 2
; S/T port 2
channel => 4-5
resetinterval=never (not necessary I think to put here but just in case...)

Can you give me a help?

Regards,
Luis
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds