keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

A400P / Asterisk UK Caller ID problem

9 years 10 months ago #9780 by alex728
Since 2008 I have used A400P cards with success for Asterisk/FreePBX distributions, including getting UK Caller ID to work (the text from my post on PIAF forum many years ago is on your knowledge base!). With Zaptel there was an intermittent issue with Asterisk segfaulting because of a BT line test (a series of polarity reversals and battery drops) but as these normally happen at night they were not a problem.

Following a hardware failure I had to upgrade one of our systems to Asterisk 1.8.23.1 with Dahdi 2.8.0-rc1.

Now there is an issue with newer Asterisk and all line cards (inclduing Digium's own) where if a caller clears during the interval between the first polarity reversal (before caller ID) and the start of the actual ring, the channel is stuck in PRE-RING state and falsely shown seized preventing outbound calls being made.

The next inbound call clears this condition (but its caller ID is missed).

It has been reported by another British user but he was referred back to the support team for the line cards at Digium and there has been no further progress, and Digium do not support the A400P cards (or even their own older line cards).

The issue may be within Asterisk or the wcdtm driver (which is no longer under active development). In any case, the PRE_RING state should time out after a certain interval (as random polarity reversals can and do happen on British Telecom lines) and the channel then released. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to recode the driver. Perhaps other British users have noticed this and between us and Openvox we can look for a solution?

Regards

Alex

issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22983
9 years 10 months ago #9781 by lindali
Hello,
this is linda. Please contact me when u are available via skype. I'll try my best to help u.my contact info is as below.
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds