keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

FreePBX Distro 1.814.210.58-2 and A400P

11 years 8 months ago #8232 by johnj
There is so much misinformation on installing analog voice cards that I am not certain where to go. The FreePBX docs still state to use genzaptel.conf yet with Dahdi one is supposed to use dhadi_genconf. AND, under the FreePBX GUI one can set up a trunk with Zap compatibility. SO, I am confused about how to install an OpenVOX A400P. Not that this is critical but the card has 2 FXS boards and one FXO board.

The FreePBX system I have running perfectly, (using an ATA), is the ISO distribution version 1.814.210.58-2. I believe that when one install the ISO AND an A400P card is installed in the system when you do the ISO/Distor install, it will automatically find and set up the needed conf files.

However, I want to add a card into an already running system.

What exactly do I need to do?

Will FreePBX, upon reboot, find the card and set up everything?

Or are there some steps to get things working?

Next, do I add a Dahdi extension or a Zap compatible extension?

Thanks a bunch!

John
11 years 8 months ago #8233 by hua
HI

You just need to install A400 in the server, Run “lspci” to make sure the card was detected by your server. Then run "genzaptelconf –sdvM" to generate the configuration files.I think you need to add a zap compatible extension.

Best regards
upper.hua
11 years 8 months ago #8234 by johnj
Thanks for the reply!

That is what the FreePBX documentation states but I thought with DAHDI all Zaptel stuff was deprecated and the docs out of date, which is often the case. (Seems old web docs hang around a long time).

Is the card itself only Zap compatible? Can one load DAHDI?

Thanks again for your help!

John
11 years 8 months ago #8235 by hua
Hello John

First please make sure which type driver did you use, zaptel or dahdi? you should add corresponding extension to use analog phone.
It is not concerned with the card. It depends on the driver type.If still have questions,add my MSN This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Best regards
upper.hua
11 years 7 months ago #8323 by johnj
Upper.Hua I have sent you an email.

Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds