keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about G400/G410 Cards.

TTY to G400E for SMS

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #10611 by ajhalls
I have the G400E card installed, I can log into asterisk and perform the test "gsm send sms 1 xxx "xxxx" " and receive it on my cell just fine. During installation I asked tty mode to be configured and can see in the extra-channels.conf that tty is set to "on". When I do dmesg I see:
opvxg4xx 0000:05:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 38 (level, low) -> IRQ 38
Found an OpenVox G400P: Version 1.1
card 0 opvxg4xx: slot 0 is Installed
card 0 opvxg4xx: slot 1 is Empty
card 0 opvxg4xx: slot 2 is Empty
card 0 opvxg4xx: slot 3 is Empty
opvxg4xx: card 0 slot 0 is ttymode(gsm0710)
opvxg4xx: card 0 Powering up all spans...
GSM tty install

I get this in asterisk:
*CLI> gsm show span 1
D-channel: 2
Type: CPE
Manufacturer: SIMCOM INCORPORATED
Model Name: SIMCOM_SIM5215A
Model IMEI: 359769030753344
Revision: +CGMR: SIM5215A_V1.5
Network Name: 
Network Status: Registered (Home network)
Signal Quality (0,31): -1
BER value (0,7): -1
SIM IMSI: 310410826420997
SIM SMS Center Number: +13123149810
PDD: 0
ASR: 0
ACD: 0
Last event: Detect module OK
State: NET NAME REQ
Last send AT: AT+COPS?\r\n\n
Last receive AT: \r\n+COPS: 0,0,"",2\r\n\r\nOK\r\n

When I do a directory listing of /dev, I do see ttyGSM0 is there

so I setup minicom to /dev/ttyGSM0 115200 8N1

I get the error "minicom: cannot open /dev/ttyGSM0: Operation not permitted"

Not to dispair, I install ppp to do the script outlined in the manual (ppp-on) and run the command:
pppd crtscts nodetach noauth usepeerdns noipdefault ipcp-accept-remote defaultroute /dev/ttyGSM0 115200 connect ppp-dial
Now I get a completely new error: "Failed to open /dev/ttyGSM0: Operation not permitted"

After 2 days of trying every possible combination of tests using multiple every type of solution I can find, I don't know where to start to connect to the G400E using anything but asterisk. It is great that it does work with asterisk, but it seems that asterisk is built more for wired PBX systems than for what we need which is to be able to send out regular SMS, MMS, with or without attachments. I need to be able to script in PHP / Bash / Python having the server calling people to confirm their appointment among other things and asterisk seems like the wrong starting point and want to interface directly with the card.

It seems we are using a fairly old version of Asterisk, not sure if that is why I can't retrieve any of the sms messages sent to the card, a log entry is made in the console that one was received, but there seems to be no way to view it. Maybe if we were using a newer version of Aterisk wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SMS

I also looked into working directly with the http server that is built into asterisk on port 8088, turns out it is compiled into the main application and there is no source html you can edit to create an API.

Searching the Openvox forums for tty, ttyGSM0 turned up a few threads that were not helpful at all, hoping this thread can change that and not be just another "Prepare for remote access" where no solution is provided to the community.

I noticed playsms has some Openvox support, but googling for playsms G400E doesn't seem promising with 0 results (I guess this can be the first result on google).

Are there any other options than Asterisk for working with the G400E? Ultimately I would have imagined that Asterisk was communicating with the card over the tty serial interface and that any other software should be able to do the same, but maybe that is a mistake.
8 years 7 months ago #10613 by tim.june
Hi Sir,
OpenVox G400/410 card is only supportable with SMS, MMS is not supportable.
We provide asterisk AMI interface and TTY serial interface for sending/receiving SMS.

About the TTY error, can you arrange remote access for debugging? Pls add my skype for better communication.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
8 years 7 months ago #10614 by ajhalls
Thanks Tim, I can work for now with SMS only, but can you give any reasons here that tty isn't working? It really seems like it would benefit your users to have some troubleshooting tips that go beyond remotely fixing it.
8 years 7 months ago #10615 by tim.june
Can you tell me the version of your asterisk, dahdi and chan_extra? Then I can rebuild the environment to repeat the same situation and find out a solution.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
8 years 7 months ago #10616 by ajhalls
I am using CentOS 6.7 with kernel 2.6.32-573.3.1.el6.x86_64
chan_extra-2.0.8
asterisk-1.8.9.0
dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1
8 years 7 months ago #10617 by tim.june
We are on holiday from 3th to 6th this month, and we will repeat your scene on my side next week and let you know the result.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds