keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about VS-GW2120/GW1600/GW1202 and WGW1002G GSM Series VoIP Gateway

sms to email problem

6 years 2 months ago #11728 by maxfranco
i can't send email to my smtp server (exim).
i tried to run /my_tools/PHPMailer_5.2.2/sendemail and i obtain an "SMTP Error: Could not authenticate."
I copied PHPMailer folder to /tmp: activating the debugger it report a "503 AUTH command used when not advertised"
the only thing that worked for me was to disable authentication disabling SMTPAuth (my smtp server accept relaying without authentication from my lan hosts).
obviously i can't modify the original sendemail file.

furthermore i updated the system to the current version ( 2.3.8 ) and now the system accept only complete email address as user name in sms to email settings. User names on my system are created without @domain.xxx part, so now i can't even try some workaround for exim i would like to experiment (ex add "control = allow_auth_unadvertised" setting)
6 years 2 months ago #11729 by heizi.lv
Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. Our software engineer are working for this bug now. When the new firmware fix it, i will inform you ASAP.

Thanks for your feedback.
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #12379 by Sirius
I have the same issue, Openvox VS-GWM400 with 2.4.6 firmware installed. We need to send emails thru our local network without authentification. If this will be fixed in the next firmware, please let me know.
5 years 5 months ago #12380 by Dario.hu
hello, please add my skype:dario.hu2 and prepare teamview for check.
5 years 5 months ago #12382 by Sirius
Please check messages on the Skype.
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds