keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about VS-GW2120/GW1600/GW1202 and WGW1002G GSM Series VoIP Gateway

Upgrading from VS-GW1202 to VS-GW2120 ruined audio

6 years 9 months ago #11563 by ajhalls
I was using a 2 slot VS-GW1202 with my asterisk configuration and all was working great, so I thought I would step it up to the 11 slot VS-GW2120, but now my recorded audio quality is horrible. At first I thought it was an Asterisk thing and so asked there:
community.asterisk.org/t/extremely-poor-...-asterisk-11/70967/2

I set it back up with the old one to confirm, and the audio is great. The sound quality on the actual call is fine, but I need to be able to record voicemail greetings which doesn't work anymore. The recorded calls sound like this: s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id...80504466238135230245

Any tips on what to look at?

Alan
6 years 9 months ago #11565 by heizi.lv
Hi,

Sorry for the trouble.Could you give me remote access for a check?Both Teamviewer and AnyDesk are ok. I will help you to solve your problem.

For a convenient contact,you can add me as your skype friend.My skype: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
6 years 9 months ago #11566 by ajhalls
I am currently in the process of installing a fresh copy of FreePBX instead of Elastix so Remote access would need to wait a little, can you give me any tips on what to look at?
6 years 9 months ago #11567 by heizi.lv
Hi,

Could you answer me several problem first:
1.The recorded audio is from your asterisk server?
2.Do you change those parameters( Speaker Volume,Microphone Volume,DAC Gain,ADC Gain) on your GSM gateway?If yes,please keep the default for a try.You can follow the screenshot as below:

Attachment 声音.jpg not found

3.Make a test as below:
Register a sip account to your GSM gateway directly.And make call for test with the sip account instead of the sip trunk.Tell me the sound quality.

I need more details.Could you add my skype for a convenient contact?
Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago #11568 by ajhalls
I worked till midnight last night with the tech support from OpenVox and we finally found the issue. There is something funny with their Ethernet ports on the new box where port 1 can only see slot 1, to see the others I plugged into port 2, but had left port 1 also plugged in - which effectively gave it 2 routes with the same IP.....

That would be why it was recording 50% slower, because in a round robin of receiving it would take a packet from port 1, then port 2, then port 1 again, but only 1 of them would have data. Unplugging one of them resolved all the issues.
6 years 9 months ago #11586 by heizi.lv
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For VS-GW2120 gateway, there are 3 network ports.Let me explain the difference of them for you.

1).When you plug ETH1,you can only access master board(the board in slot 1) via IP address.If you choose the gateway to work in Cluster mode,ETH1 is the best choice.The slave board is invisible for LAN with ETH1.
2).If you plug ETH2,you can access different board with different IP address.Usually,if you want to access slave board with independent IP address,you can choose ETH2 or ETH3.
3).The function of ETH3 is the same of ETH2.

For the 3 network ports,you can only plug one of them.If not,it will affect the gateway's normally work.

Hope those can help you.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds