keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about VS-GW2120/GW1600/GW1202 and WGW1002G GSM Series VoIP Gateway

GSM Gateway - making voice calls / mp3

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #11523 by ajhalls
I previously had the G410p PCI cards which I really struggled to get operational, and so switched to the GSM gateway VS-GW1202 (Asterisk 1.8.20.0), which worked like a charm for SMS. I am now working to script phone calls which should play a scripted MP3 to remind someone of their appointment time, but the built in Asterisk doesn't have the chan_oss.so module enabled so I can't use the "console dial" commands.

I need to know if there are any issues with upgrading the Asterisk version that is on there, or installing this module manually?

The version 1.8.20 is from 2012, so much of the current documentation available will not be helpful if commands have changed which makes upgrading very attractive.

For that matter, what about upgrading busybox as well? I found the original Asterisk build file: downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/ast...-1.8.20.0-rc1.tar.gz which has the "chan_oss.c" file, but then I need to compile it on the box, and gcc, make and other tools are missing.

I found a simple tutorial for upgrading busybox here: forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=71507
6 years 11 months ago #11525 by heizi.lv
Hi,

I am so sorry to tell you that the file system of GSM gateway is a read-only system.It can not support to recompile Asterisk.

You can use other formats of audio files.Here are the format our gsm gateway can support

Or you can prepare another asterisk server and connect it with our gsm gateway.Add the audio files in your asterisk server.

Hope those can help you.
Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago #11527 by ajhalls
Thank you for the response, is there a way to dial a call and play an audio file using one of those listed codecs?
6 years 11 months ago #11528 by heizi.lv
Hi,

I think custom dialplan is suitable for you.Here is the post you can refer to on our forum about custom dialplan:
www.openvox.cn/forum/gsm-gateway/3222-ho...ialplan.html?start=6

For the audio files,please follow those steps to upload it to our gateway.
Step1: Login your gsm gateway via ssh
Step2 :Upload it to directory /etc/asterisk/sounds/en in gsm gateway from your pc with WinSCP tools.
Step3: Execute command: /my_tools/sync2flash
Step4: Reboot
Here is the picture below you can refer to:
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds